Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Woman's Best Friends


"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures;
they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
~Gilda Radner

Our Border Collie - Cordy

Our Australian Cattle Dog - Ruby Tuesday

Cordy and Ruby's Biscuits
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
6 tablespoons oil
2 small jars strained beef or chicken baby food
6-10 tablespoons water

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Knead for 5 minutes (dough should be firm and pull away from bowl). Roll out to about
3/8-inch thick.

Preheat oven to 375. I use a Silpat on my cookie sheet. Cut dough with cookie cutter (I use small cookie cutters, Ruby is on a diet.) Prick top of each treat with a fork. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool, then seal and store in refrigerator or freezer. These treats will keep for about 10 days in refrigerator. "Bone" appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment