Cherry Clafoutis… So Easy and Oh So Impressive!
1 lb. Black Cherries (washed and dried off)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Flour
3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1 1/2 cups Whole Milk
Pinch of Salt
Powdered Sugar (to decorate)
Butter and Granulated Sugar (for baking dish)
How To Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Sift flour and stir in a pinch of salt.
2. Stir in granulated sugar.
3. Stir in beaten eggs.
4. Stir in milk.
5. Butter and then sugar your baking dish. Use granulated sugar, not powdered.
6. Spread cherries evenly over bottom of baking dish.
7. Pour the batter on top of the cherries, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
8. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, once the clafoutis cools. Serve warm or room temperature.